Please sign the petition
Euthanasia is being expanded to the mentally ill in March. The petition closes soon, please sign it here: sign petition here. Important: clicking on the email confirmation link is necessary. If not, the signature doesn’t go through as valid.
- Medical assistance in dying will expand to Canadians with mental illness on March 17, 2024, unless Parliament intervenes;
- Parliament considers it a priority to ensure that supports are in place for the mental health of everyone in Canada;
- Vulnerable Canadians must be given suicide prevention instead of suicide assistance;
- Medical assistance in dying risks normalizing suicide as a solution for those suffering from mental illness; and
- Canada should focus on increasing mental health supports and improving access to these supports instead of offering medical assistance in dying for those with mental illness.
November 12, 2023, at 2:34 p.m. (EDT)