Notes & Details
Planted in Affliction – Encouragement from a Young Church
Sunday, February 27, 2022
1 Thessalonians 3:11-13
2 Cor 7:1 & Phil 2:12-13
Cody John Simpson
- This tension describes the journey of the Christian life. There are many terms for it: sanctification, transformation, following Christ.
- 2 Cor 7:1 & Phil 2:12-13
- While it may look like we’re all just trying to get to that place called “Satisfaction” look again at Paul’s prayer: It anticipates this process until the end of time.
- Anxiety begins to form in our lives not only because we assess ourselves poorly but because we feel helpless to change. The weight of expectation is too great.
- We ultimately aren’t judged on our sanctification but are accepted through the death of Jesus.
- JI Packer’s three-legged stool of the Christian life:
What can you begin doing to know God better?