To the One Who Is Powerless
Notes & Details
Date: Sunday, October 24, 2021
Scripture: Revelation 3:7-13
Speaker: Pastor Cody John Simpson
Summary & Big Idea
– Thought the powerless church and likely small, Jesus only has commendations for it. Their lack of power is not a criticism, but amplifies their faithfulness and obedience.
– Rather than promising to give them power, Jesus will be their power.
– Jesus promises to:
○ Keeping them from the hour of testing: secure peace with God
○ Make them a pillar in the temple of God and they will never go out again – a symbol of strength & security
○ Write on them God’s name and the New Jerusalem – Symbols of belonging
– we cannot trust in our power, we must trust in God’s
– Jesus revealed His power in Jesus Christ when He died on the cross as a sacrifice for our sin and brokenness
- Imagine if the church, as we today lose power and influence, stopped trying so hard to retain status in the world, but rather trusted in God and sought faithfulness above all else?
- Imagine if we, in our moments of powerlessness, relied not on our own position in life, but trusted in our All-Powerful God to carry us through. I believe our faithfulness in that state would turn heads and bring attention to the superior way of God’s plan for human life.