To the One Who Is Spiritually Dead
Notes & Details
Date: Sunday, October 17, 2021
Scripture: Revelation 3:1-6
Speaker: Ben George
Summary & Big Idea
– Sometimes, the church looks alive and healthy from the outside, but has serious problems when we look at its spiritual health
– Jesus rebukes the Sardis church as having a dead faith.
– We are to be alert and on guard on all sides, lest we fall asleep.
– A half-hearted following of Jesus is completely insufficient
– Repentance from sin is urgent
– Only in Jesus can we have lasting victory over sin
Are we “Sunday morning/ Wednesday evening” kind of believers? Are we boxing Jesus into our schedule, rather than surrendering our entire lives to Him?
Ask God to help you commit your heart entirely to Him, and to show you what changes this life of devotion would take.